|Harnoor is demonstrating compost |
procedure at Willow Park
Ecology Centre in Norval.JPG
But little do people realize that in our increasingly populated and polluted cities, the temporary joy of watching the firecrackers is soon replaced by the intense air pollution caused by them. The toxic substances used in the firecrackers release toxic gases that are harmful to the health of all living beings.
Sadly, very few of us realize that the firecrackers used on Diwali are also made by very young children. Since the substances being handled are extremely toxic many of these child laborers get sick and die at a young age, usually in their early teenage years.